The pandemic situation has dropped the economic condition of many countries. People are now struggling to keep their jobs. Businesses are doing whatsoever they can to cut expenses, and the employees are taking the blow. At least we have employment solicitors who will help us in such a situation. As a lawyer, they will let employees know if they are wrongfully treated by the company or while looking for a job if you’re not given a chance due to race, gender, or disability, you may seek the help of an employment attorney.
Killian Law Firm in Colorado deals with all kinds of personal injury, workers’ compensation, and wrongful death cases. Davis Richter and Mayle P.C. have years of experience in Grand Junction, Colorado. They have clients from Colorado, which has given them fame and reputation, which was printed on the Chicago Tribune and the New York Times. They may not be able to assist you in the office these days as their staff is requested to stay home, but they understand that law firms are part of essential government services, so they’re helping their clients over the phone or through email by providing a free consultation.
They have helped their clients in many different circumstances, especially during personal injury at the workplace. They have tried to get maximum compensation for their clients so that they aren’t the sufferers at the end. An issue in the job isn’t always related to sexual harassment or injury case.
There are various reasons that most of us are unaware of –
- When your co-worker or senior is harassing you by treating with hostility due to religion, gender, race, age, nationality, or disability. You can always approach a lawyer if the co-worker is creating an unfriendly environment based on these grounds.
- Sexual harassment is quite common in workplaces where bosses or colleagues try to take sexual advantage of female employees. You can always charge them with assault and incur compensation for it.
- Whosoever works for an organization, always looks for promotion in the future. If you feel that you’re capable of the promotion, but you were cut down due to race, nationality, gender, age, or personal grudges, you can contact an attorney for advice.
- Discrimination due to certain status and not giving opportunities to that candidate is offensive. If there is an office that avoids candidates due to their status, then it should be complained about.
- According to the law of various cities, a person cannot work for more than 40 hours a week, if there is overtime they have to be paid accordingly. However, some companies don’t abide by this rule.
Legal action and advice on such matters are necessary because you may be missing out on opportunities and money. There isn’t any harm in seeking advice because that will give you a wide picture of your position in your workplace.